Negril is deemed as a small but widely dispersed beach town located in the rural parish of Westmoreland Jamaica. Negril is located only one hour and fifteen minutes away from the Donald Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. If you are looking for a secluded Island getaway that will have you feeling like a celebrity, Negril is the perfect place to come and unwind. Though synonymous with being the “private parish”, you have not come to Negril unless you have visited Little Bay.
About Little Bay Negril
Little Bay is a small Beach Town located not too far from the Shores of the famous Seven Mile Beach.This town is popular for Reggae and Dancehall sounds that seem to lure visitors from miles away. Because of its location, Little Bay is the perfect place to not only have the perfect Island Style vacation but also to take part in a wealth of activities.
Here are a few things to do in Little Bay.
- Coral Cove Beach Resort &Spa: This is a quaint Bed and Breakfast located on the “edge” of the Caribbean Sea on Hope Road in Negril. This spot is perfect for travelers in search of a “Real” unspoiled Jamaican Cultural experience. This spot is also ideal for couples interested in a destination wedding. There are seventeen (17) Ocean front rooms. Some of the activities of this location include Yoga & Spa Services,
- Tours of the Coral Cove which features: Horseback Riding, Golf, Black River Safari, Tour of the Appleton estate, Snorkeling, Kayaking and Hiking the mountains and trails around Little Bay. This is the perfect spot for couples. For Reservations, click Here.
- Explore the Mineral Spring: There is a spring that is said to be Bob Marley’s bathing area during the time he lived in the parish. Bob would hang out here in the 1970’s which was right beside his house. The Bob Marley Springs as it is now called is the ideal spot to cool off on a Hot Island day. Most Jamaicans believe that mineral springs are a great place to wash off any form of bad luck or even illnesses; whether this is true or not is yet to be proven.
The Little Bay Country Club
Negril is an unspoiled beauty that has just literally just been there waiting to be developed. In recent years, the Little Bay Country Club was developed and features a luxurious gated community. If you are an overseas investor, this is a great future investment as these houses were built to look like modern day Luxury Condos.
Each House features Clay roofing tile with energy-efficient white glaze and also includes:
- UPVc double-glazed casement windows and French doors
- Free-standing baths and shower enclosures with massage jets
- Euro-style kitchens with solid wood cabinets and granite countertops
- Porcelain floor tiles
- Gated community with 24 hour electronic and mobile security
- Clubhouse and swimming pool
- On property postal boxes
- Private beach (pictures below)
- Fish Sanctuary (no motorized watercraft or fishing allowed) and so much more.
The best part is that it is located only 3 minutes away from the Airport.
Cave Tours in Little Bay
Cave Tours by Boat: This is for the explorer who has a passion for archaeology. These caves offer an historic element and dates all the way back to the 15th Century. Tours are offered by local Tour Guides depending on the Hotel or Venue visitors stay. While on the topic of Caves, ifyou are looking to experience Little Bay and would like to have an entire package, you might want to check into The Caves Negril.
Set on the romantic, oceanfront Cliffside, the Caves is Negril’s most romantic all inclusive Hotel. Eat, Sleep and enjoy all the amenities this Hotel has to offer. The Caves offer thirteen (13) all inclusive Cliffside accommodations so you might want to plan ahead and book early. It doors not get any more exclusive than this.
Fishing on the Caribbean Sea
Little Bay is a beach community which means there must be a Sea nearby. If you are an early riser and would like to see the Caribbean Sea before Sunrise, there are local fishermen who are able to take you out on the waters fishing. Please bear in mind that a Jamaican Fishing experience is like no other. The Boats are built differently and the entire process is something to really experience. It is advised that you do not go with any random Fisherman but by one who has been recommended or one that has an official Fishing License with some sort of identification. A great travel tip for any destination is to go with an experienced person.
Little Bay is a rural parish in Westmoreland Negril, there is nothing that compares to putting on beachwear and enjoying all this Parish has to offer. This is Negril’s Gem that has now been able to shine due to all its recent developments. The next time you visit Jamaica’s South Coast, be sure to check out Little Bay.
Map of Negril
- The Most Luxurious Hotels in St. Mary Jamaica - October 20, 2014
- A Vacation fit for A Kid - October 13, 2014
- Strawberry Hill Jamaica - October 8, 2014