If you made the choice to visit a Caribbean Destination and Jamaica was first on your list, you’ve made the right choice. Jamaica is a beautiful Island in the Greater Antilles known for beautiful beaches, Reggae Music and warm hospitality of the people. This beautiful Island is then broken down in smaller cities known as parishes quite similar to a state in the U.S but a lot smaller. Today, we’ll be looking at tips and hints of some of the places you should visit in the beautiful City of Montego Bay, located on the North Coast of the Island.
Montego Bay is deemed as the Tourist capital of Jamaica so you will notice that it is designed to look like one of the better cities in the United States. The Buildings are more modern and the roads seem more like highways which is not common in Jamaica except at certain points if you decide to travel from Parish to Parish. Montego Bay is known for its beautiful beaches and all Inclusive Hotels. Below are the top 3 Hotels you must visit in Montego Bayif you are looking for a comfortable stay suited for a King or Queen.
- Riu Hotel & Resorts Montego Bay: The Riu chain of Hotels are all 5 star destinations in Jamaica. This hotel features a lavish décor, numerous activities, and several restaurants and is All Inclusive. Click Here for more Info.
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa: This hotel offers 540 rooms in total and also treat guests to a natural and exotic environment as well as numerous activities. Rooms feature hydro massage bathtubs with an amazing view of the landscape. Click HERE for more info.
- Half Moon Hotel Montego Bay: This is an All Inclusive Hotel that is located on a 400 acres property located only 6 miles east of the Donald Sangster International Airport which makes it an easily accessible Hotel and a favourite among the visitors. The Hotel also features 252 elegantly decorate guestrooms, villas and suites.
Places to stop on the way
Montego Bay is deemed as Jamaica’s second city and is four (4) hours away from Kingston. Whether you are coming from Kingston or booked a flight straight to Montego Bay. There are a few places you must stop before you get to your Hotel.
- Pork Pit: Located on Gloucester Avenue. This one stop destination is the perfect place to get well seasoned Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork, Jerk Fish as well as Festival and Bammy all prepared before you. If you decide to stop here, prepare to wait a few minutes to get your order. A good time to stop by is noon towards late afternoon like 3p.m. Be careful with that Jerk Sauce as it is extremely hot , if you are not as daring go for a mild sauce or a step down from that is Ketchup. Call them at 876-940-3008
- Jamanda’s Flava of Jamaica: This is located at shop #20 in the LOJ Shopping Centre. The name of the Restaurant is reminiscent of what the Restaurant has to offer as it gives a true taste of real Jamaican cooking. Get a taste of good ole Jamaican Curried Goat, Oxtail and Bean or Fried Chicken. Be sure to ask for a cup of hot chicken foot soup and to truly enjoy your meal and order like a local, ask for a different type of gravy to give your meal an extra kick of flavour. Call 876 -984-9498.
- Walters’ Bar and Grill: This is the perfect place to “kick it” like a local and enjoy great food and also some of Jamaica’s strongest local Rums and Spirits. Indulge in games like Dominoes which is an Island favourite or play a game of pool with friends. Walter’s Bar and Grill is located at 30 Gloucester Avenue. Call them at 876-952-9391.
When in Montego Bay you must visit:
The Rose Hall Great House, Sam Sharpe Square, Gloucester Avenue, Tryall Golf Course , Martha Brae River .
These are all great places regardless of the type of activities you like to do. There is something for people of all ages and personalities. If you are looking for a fun, cultural vacation visit Montego Bay Jamaica.
- The Most Luxurious Hotels in St. Mary Jamaica - October 20, 2014
- A Vacation fit for A Kid - October 13, 2014
- Strawberry Hill Jamaica - October 8, 2014